Wednesday 17 March 2021

Sustainable Planting

 On Friday Weka and Weka Tēina planted some kōwhai seeds. 

We wanted to do some sustainable planting. This means that we could use seeds from plants that we found in our own school gardens.

We spent some time with the tamariki in Piwakawaka collecting seeds from trees around our school and then separating them from their pods. 











First, we had to put them in boiling water for 24 hours because the shell was too hard and it needed to soften. 













In peers, we got a seedling tray and we filled each little part halfway with soil. 

Then we got 2 kōwhai seeds and put them in each part. 









Next, we put more soil over the top of the kōwhai seeds. 









We then made sure the seeds were in the sun and gave them some water. 



 https://enviroschoolskaniere.blogspot.com/2021/03/sustainable-planting.html


5 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Myah I’m from room 4 at panmure bridge school I think that is so cool it’s really good that you are planting kowhai trees. Did you plant any other trees or plants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is malosi im from panmure bridge school I really think it was cool! And I’m so impressed that kids know about plants i wished I did

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is sapphire and I am from Panmure Bridge School and I love that you Found all of your seeds from your school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow really cool that’s cool that you’re students know about plants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am Marwan I am room4 at panmure bridge school I like that
    you are trying to show us the Ingredients and did you had fun making
    plants can you make other plants what plants are they and have a
    good easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.