Wednesday 24 February 2021

Our Statistical Investigations

Over the last three weeks, we have been learning about creating graphs and the different features you need on them. 

We started by making a few simple pictographs as a whole class. 







We then learnt about the important labels they need to be able to read the graph. 

Then we learnt about how to make statements about what we have learnt from a graph. 










Finally, we got into pairs and conducted our own statistical investigations from start to finish! 

These were the different steps we had to go through.

1. pick a question

2. create a tally chart on explain everything to survey on

3. collect the answers from our classmates

4. total up the answers

5. create a graph to share the information on. 



 Then as a class, we made some statements about what we have learnt from the information. 



We are very proud of our final graphs!

5 comments:

  1. What well presented graphs. Tara pointed out that lots of children have birthdays in June and July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jolene for commenting on our blog post. We worked really hard and it was very challenging for us.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Ruma Weka, we are Room 4 at Panmure Bridge School. We liked checking out your statistics blog. It looks like you have completed a full statistics investigation. What graphs did you like making the most?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi room weka my name is taisorn and my room number is 4
    And I am from panmure bridge school and I like your art and the
    Things that you did you should Hello room weka my name is taisorn and my school is panmure
    bridge and I like your art and the things that you did. But you should
    Come and visit our room site too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is taisorn and my room number is 4 and I am from
    Panmure bridge school. And I like your art and the things that you
    Did you should see our class blog too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.